Monday, September 10, 2012

Banana Walnut Protein Muffins

I am really on this kick of baking with protein lately. I am determined to reinvent baking and make it healthier and each time I come up with a new idea , I love to share because I know others that want to make a healthier switch can benefit too.
Banana Walnut Protein Muffins

2 ripe bananas
4 egg whites
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
3/4 cup raw oats (use gluten free if sensitive to gluten)
2 scoops protein ( I use Arbonne, it is vegan and gluten free)
1/4 cup Stevia
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350. Spray your muffin pan with non stick spray. Mix all ingredients in a blender, and pour evenly into 12 muffins in your muffin pan.( I actually topped my muffins with additional walnuts,raw oatmeal, and chia seed. Those toppings are optional.) Bake 15-18 minutes.
Here is the breakdown: 58 calories per muffin, 9 g carbs, 7.4 g protein, 2 g fiber, 1 g sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment