Monday, April 15, 2013

Pumpkin Protein Muffins

I have been asked about this recipe so many times lately, I thought I would post it for you to try at home too. Healthy recipes and options are always something I am either looking for or inventing. This is one of my favorites and is a weekly staple. Love these for breakfast or snacks. These are packed full of protein, they are low carb, 1 gram of sugar and gluten free. ENJOY! I also personally use a vegan based protein powder ( no whey) it is completely plant based protein and does not leave you feeling weighed down. I can always order it for you if you want to know more. PUMPKIN PROTEIN MUFFINS 1/2 cup Truvia 1/2 cup organic applesauce or plain organic yogurt 2 tsp cinnamon 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice 1/2 tsp ground clove 1 tsp baking powder 1 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp salt 2 tsp vanilla 4 egg whites 1 (15 oz) can of pumpkin 2 1/2 scoops of vanilla protein 2 cups of oat flour 1/2 cup raw oatmeal 1 cup organic skim milk 1/2 cup raisins (optional) 1/2 cup walnuts (optional) 1/4 cup flax (optional) 1/2 cup chia seed (optional) Combine all ingredients and add the protein, milk, and (optional) ingredients last. Spray muffins pans and scoop 3/4 way full and top with additional raw oatmeal and or flax seed. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees F.

No comments:

Post a Comment