Friday, January 27, 2017

Nourish Yourself


     So often we forget to take care of the one person that honestly matters the most if you plan on ever doing anything amazing with your life. That one person is you! I say that with the utmost honesty and unselfish motives. Some think it may seem too self absorbed to care for your well being, with jobs, families, demands, and obligations who really makes the time for personal renewal?
I have been guilty of it over and over again and many times have to stop and really recheck where things are at and what I am doing. I live a pretty full life; I am a mama to two very amazing little women who light up my life in more ways then they will ever know, I manage our lives and I run my business with all that it entails I find myself exhausted and depleted many days. I am in a constant mentality of rechecking where I am pouring my energies into and what that really means for my future and if I don't keep things in check I find it gets worse.  
    I have learned to look and cherish the things in life during my day that are precious. My days are not perfect and many of them are far from what I would call ideal, but I do know that without constant awareness of what is happening and placing our focus on the wrong things will lead to nothing. 
    There are times and seasons for certain people and places of life. We have bought into a lie that we can really have it all...and if you are living that American Dream when you don't have it all, there must be a problem? Well that is lie! You were created for amazing purpose and life long change however, if you think you can have it all you are in for a very big wake up call. I think we can have a lot and live fully while embracing our, "now" moments. You can have it all at certain moments but never all at once. It just is not the way life works this side of heaven. We only have so much energy and so many resources to draw from. I see a lot of people chasing the next big thing, when they get there though it just means there is another big "thing." We need to make time to really fuel our souls from the inside out. 
    Soul sickness is a plague we do all we can to not really look into because it makes us uncomfortable. It is easier to work a lot and stay busy then to really stop and evaluate. Start to nourish yourself today by doing a few things:
Ask yourself these questions: "Why am I doing what I am?" 
                                                "Is this what makes me feel fulfilled?"
                                                 " Will this be healthy for me and my family?"
                                                 "Is this best choice for right now?"
It really is ok to just breathe ... and sit in the silence to listen to your own heart! Have a wonderful weekend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment