Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Power breakfast on the go

Every morning I run around making sure that the people and my house all get taken care of,and most of the time it is all before 7 am. Way too early for me. I loved being a morning person for years, then I had kids. The entire concept changed for me, it was no longer mornings to have quiet time and get ready in peace for the day. My mornings became quite crazy, intense, and at times almost in tears by 9 am. I needed to figure out how to eat healthy and not skimp on meals. I do protein shakes and make my own protein bars occasionally but most mornings I make myself this power breakfast that is quick and easy and I can do it in between getting dressed, changing kids, and cleaning up all kinds of disasters. The best part about it is that you can throw it in a bag if you need to run out the door for work.
Slice of multigrain bread toasted- Spread with almond butter and sprinkle with chia seed.
Grab a banana and slice on top or eat on the go.
If you are really in a hurry fold the bread in half to make it less messy and eat on the go.
Protein bars are also a great way to start your day or snack. Recipe and links for protein are under the label to the right. "Recipes". Also visit allthingshealthycoaching.com for more links.

No comments:

Post a Comment