Monday, November 19, 2012

Thankful for it all

This time of year we tend to reflect on what we are thankful for the most. This year I am celebrating my first Thanksgiving without my beloved grandfather, he was one of the few that existed of godly men who walked the talk. Each month since he has passed on and is now in eternal glory, I think of something I miss about him. Most of the time I miss his smile, his laugh, his sense of humor, and most importantly his love for others and his love for God. He had prayed me through some really tough experiences I had in the past ten years. I appreciate that so much. It is funny, but as we go through heartbreaks we don't understand so much, and our vision can become lost in the grief. I'm so thankful that I had people in my life praying me through, and even though there were times I didn't understand, God did! He had a plan for me that was bigger, wider, and more rich than I could have ever put together. This thanksgiving, I am missing my grandfather, but knowing the legacy he left for us all gives me hope, peace, and brings a smile to my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment