Thursday, August 8, 2013

Vision drives when we don't feel like it!

I have a vision board...i stare it at probably at least 5 times during the day and when I pass by it I see where I want to be someday. On this vision board I have pictures of all the things I want to pursue or goals and what I think they will look like. I looked for pictures of those ideas and cut them out and pasted them all over a cork board. Why did I do it? Creating vision is so important because it helps you keep focused on the days when you lose your way, or on days when you feel like your up against mountains. Today was one of those days for me, by the time my feet hit the floor I already had ten things in my head I needed to figure out and get moving with quickly! I have two small kids, I am training for a 3 day fitness walk, between my husband and I we both have three business's and I am the lead women's minister in my church, so grass has no time to grow under this ladies feet. It was not even eleven a.m. and I had already brushed boogers off my shirt and changed...twice...from my 21 month old, dried the tears of my five year old who was crying because her sister licked her arm for the 100th time, listened to a conference call, walked three miles, tripped up the stairs on a flood light that my husband left on the stairs, and somehow managed to clean the kitchen floor while shoving down a protein muffin to feed myself and screaming to the kids for the tenth time to please pick up the socks and shoes because the baby is sucking on them...again!! It was a day when I really cant believe I walked out the door with all of my clothes in tact and essentials. I have busy days... I also have goals and dreams for all that I want for my life and my future. I know what God has called me to do with my life, I know there are things that He has planted so deep within me and they are bigger than the mountains I feel sometimes stand in my way! I look at this vision board because it drives me, inspires and motivates me to look past the present moments. Vision is key when you want to pursue goals and dreams and be successful. So get out your glue sticks, crayons, and old magazines and get creative...make your own! It may be the stress relief you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment