Monday, April 7, 2014

Cookie dough dip...or is it?

Ok, I was skeptical I have to admit when I read the article and it described a tasty kid dip made with chickpeas that looked and tasted like cookie dough. But I have already put black beans in a blender and whipped up some brownies so it could not look or smell worse than that so I was ready to give it a shot. Oh was I surprised and I am totally hooked now. I can not take credit for the recipe but I had to share. All the moms and dads out there with the picky eater, this one is a big score and they think its cookie dough. You can tell  them they can have it without the eggs this time!! Both win...and they are getting about 7-8 grams of protein every wonderful bowl at a time. Serve it up with pretzels, apples, or pears!! And I know all you grown up's that cant stop licking the batter bowl...much healthier option! Eat the whole bowl if you want!

RECIPE: "Bean Dip" AKA Cookie Dough DIP!
In a food processor place the following:
1 can of Organic Garbanzo beans (chick peas) drain and rinse
6 tablespoons of brown sugar ( now you could do the Truvia but they are already eating a bowl of beans I would stick with the brown sugar the first time)
1/4 cup all natural peanut butter
3 tablespoons of raw oatmeal
1 tablespoon of milk (can use almond for dairy allergies)
2 teaspoons of vanilla
1/8 teaspoon of salt
1/8 teaspoon of baking soda
BLEND IT UP!
Sprinkle and fold in the dark chocolate chips and serve it up!! What a healthy treat!


Recipe and last picture taken from April 2014 "Family Fun"



No comments:

Post a Comment