Sunday, April 6, 2014

Is it follow the leader?

I've heard the phrase from time to time that, "you know when you are a leader when you turn around and people are following you." A true leader in business , ministry, or community leads by example. If you need to constantly remind people that you are the leader, there's a pretty good indicator that your not doing your job. Setting a standard for how things should be done needs to come from the top down. Things just don't fall into their places without clear vision and direction. I'm even more motivated to have clear goals, set forth vision, and standards for how I carry my own life and business. The last few months I have seen poor examples of leadership, makes my heart heavy and my spirit motivated. If you have found yourself in a position where you are not valued, your are being taken advantage of or abused, get out of the unhealthy place you are in. Unhealthy places and people take on many forms. I want to encourage you to stay true to who you are no matter what comes against you. Progress is necessary for people to grow and thrive. The process can be painful but just know that anytime you are doing great things , there are those who will not want to celebrate that with you. Shake off the dust and move on, they are not worth your time and energy.
It starts with you...be the positive changes you want to see!!

No comments:

Post a Comment