Saturday, January 10, 2015

Pumpkin Puppy Treats

Maybe it is the bitter freezing weather or maybe I wanted to try something new. So looked up something yummy for my puppies and while I am a busy mom and business owner, I thought if they came out well, I can serve them up as kid snack too. (multitasking?!) Well I am kind of serious about that last part. But mostly for the pups. It is healthy and packed full of goodness for their bodies.
So a friend gave me a recipe and I went for it. Here is the recipe and it honestly is pretty quick and easy.
Needed:
2 eggs
1/2 cup organic canned pumpkin
1/2 cup applesauce
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 1/2 cups brown rice flour
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Whisk the eggs and pumpkin together- then add in the salt, applesauce, and flour.
Mix well. Spread on a floured surface ( can use the rice flour) roll out and then cut into shapes and place on a cookie sheet. 
Bake for 20 minutes then take them out and turn them- put them back in for 20 more minutes.
Allow to cool completely before giving treats out to your furry friends. 
** (note if you want to try them or let your kids try them they are not that bad, pretty hearty actually. I had some with honey for lunch!)  But my sweet pups love them so HUGE plus for all of us!



No comments:

Post a Comment